Truth in dating (was: HELP! Must choose language!)

John Baxter jwbaxter at
Tue Jan 14 09:03:26 CET 2003

In article <6rsfva.d74.ln at>,
 Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at> wrote:

> > have punctuation and block delimiters :-). ... and OO will be done
> > right this time! Yay!
> >
>         As long as "bless" doesn't turn into "dam*" <G>

Kind of like my (remarkably good) boss in the late 1960s, who pretended
to want to replace the
with the

The latter would be
   comefrom  label
where label was applied to the point of departure.  Various conditional
were certainly in the mix.

When one looked at the idea semi-seriously, there didn't seem to be any
showstoppers.  And one could see at a glance the names of every point
from which control might suddenly arrive at this code...something that's
harder with goto.