New Python block cipher API, comments wanted

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Jan 28 19:45:02 EST 2003

Paul Rubin wrote:

> Letting stuff settle out is precisely the purpose of the alpha and
> beta release series, which is where we are in 2.3 right now.  That's
> why I want to make the next alpha.  Also, this started several months
> back, before the 2.3 cycle really began, though I ended up letting it
> slide for a while.

In traditional development cycles, new features get introduced long
before alpha.  Alpha is when you have all the new features in place in
at least some fashion, although they may not be working too well yet.
Alpha is not when you introduce new features, particularly ones that are
just reviewed APIs.

I think you'd be much better off in this process aiming for (2.4 or
whatever the next release will be) and starting with a PEP.

/  \ Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
\__/ Samuel Johnson
    Kepler's laws / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/kepler/
 A proof of Kepler's laws.