Overloading methods in C API

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Jan 18 10:42:20 EST 2003

In article <bsoi2v4rokh97unbdnfa9pndd8cctjd6ru at 4ax.com>, Afanasiy wrote:
> On 18 Jan 2003 12:55:08 +0100, martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Löwis)
> wrote:
>
>>Afanasiy <abelikov72 at hotmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> How is it expected I create overloaded methods/functions in the C API?
>>
>>This is not possible. Overloading of methods is not supported in Python.
>
> Is method/function overloading common in Python modules?

No.  It's isn't supported.  The language does not allow it.  Therefore, it
is not common.

> Is it looked down upon?

It is not allowed by the language design. I suppose that's a pretty good
indication that it's "looked down upon."

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Yow! I forgot my
                                  at               PAIL!!