what do after installing Python2 ?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri Jan 3 06:56:01 EST 2003

In article <20030102225658.14241.00000509 at mb-cr.news.cs.com>,
Chergarj <chergarj at cs.com> wrote:
			.
>For that much, the program/application works.  I used the Python (command line)
> instead of IDLE.  Is that enough, or is there still some path manipulating and
>configuring that is needed?  Other than reading about how the python code works
>and entering examples from any code source, what else must be studied and
>understood in order to write and save and later distribute a program?
>
>G C

Good questions.  The difficulties in answering them
are more cultural than technical.  Python is flexible
in ways that might be unfamiliar to someone with a
background in what I'll abbreviate as proprietary
languages.  Think of Python as a core of technology.
Because it's "free" and "open", though, different
people have wrapped that core in a variety of packages,
to suit their own circumstances.  Thus, there are so
many answers to the "... and later distribute a pro-
gram" question as to overwhelm a newcomer.

Actually, the variety sometimes overwhelms *me*.

In any case, it's OK to start with what's working for
you, become comfortable with that, and ask more de-
tailed questions as your needs or interests expand.
There's no particular official trajectory for "what
... must be studied".  Again, Python is a core tech-
nology with many and varied manifestations.  It's
common for deep Python gurus to be quite ignorant
about several aspects of Python use that happen not
to be in their experience.  That's OK.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net