nyu cs department

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sat Jan 11 10:08:52 EST 2003

    >> anyone know how the nyu cs department stacks up against the
    >> giants(MIT) is it a lot worse or what?? also same question for
    >> cornell??

Both NYU and Cornell have (or used to have) very strong computer graphics
groups.  Skim through SIGGRAPH proceedings from the 80's and 90's.
Radiosity was developed at Cornell and I believe NYU did a lot of work in
the realistic display of natural objects (trees, fur, etc).

(What is the Python relevance for any of this "best cs department" stuff?)

Skip