Dumb Q#2 Pycrust

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien at orbtech.com
Thu Jan 30 20:50:39 EST 2003

Norm wrote:

> I've downloaded and love the PyCrust interface, but for the life of me
> can't figure out how to save the code into a file from it.
>
> So I'm embarrassed to ask, but how do you save code into a file from
> PyCrust?

At this poing you can Copy and Paste. See shell.help() for key bindings:

Welcome To PyCrust 0.8.2 - The Flakiest Python Shell
Sponsored by Orbtech - Your source for Python programming expertise.
Python 2.2.2 (#4, Dec 13 2002, 21:58:45)
[GCC 3.2 (Mandrake Linux 9.0 3.2-1mdk)] on linux2
>>> shell.help()

* Key bindings:
Home              Go to the beginning of the command or line.
Shift+Home        Select to the beginning of the command or line.
Shift+End         Select to the end of the line.
End               Go to the end of the line.
Ctrl+C            Copy selected text, removing prompts.
Ctrl+Shift+C      Copy selected text, retaining prompts.
Ctrl+X            Cut selected text.
Ctrl+V            Paste from clipboard.
Ctrl+Shift+V      Paste and run multiple commands from clipboard.
Ctrl+Up Arrow     Retrieve Previous History item.
Alt+P             Retrieve Previous History item.
Ctrl+Down Arrow   Retrieve Next History item.
Alt+N             Retrieve Next History item.
Shift+Up Arrow    Insert Previous History item.
Shift+Down Arrow  Insert Next History item.
F8                Command-completion of History item.
                  (Type a few characters of a previous command and then
press F8.)
Ctrl+Enter        Insert new line into multiline command.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech      http://www.orbtech.com/web/pobrien