spambayes rocks

Chris Spencer clspence at one.net
Sun Jan 19 02:56:00 EST 2003

	I saw a post about spambayes from Tim Peters a couple of days ago.  I
went to the homepage (http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/) and downloaded the most
recent CVS tree.  I used the pop3proxy in conjunction with Forte's Agent email
program.
	I must say, after a 15 minute training period, I'm pleasantly stunned by
the effectiveness of this spam filter.  I think it'd help people out if the
maintainers could release like a 0.10 version on sourceforge.  Not everyone
"gets" CVS.
<infomercial>
Over the past year the spam situation has gotten so bad that I've actually
stopped checking my email on a regular basis.  With spambayes, I don't actually
have any qualms about keeping my mail client up all the time now.  I haven't
seen it filter out any "real" email, and it seems to catch 100% of the spam I
get.  Spammers should be very afraid of this library.
</infomercial>
	I want to thank the maintainers of the spambayes library (module?
utility?).  You've made my life a little better today.

Chris.