Copyright on the Python and Python-console icons?

Cliff Wells LogiplexSoftware at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 15 12:16:40 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 20:52, Tim Peters wrote:
> That doesn't mean he won't be sued <wink>.

But no one's asked if he *should* be sued.

I think he should, so at least we would have a definitive reference on
these sort of issues.  We could simply point people at case #2143214 and
be done with it.

If the PSF wins, they get all their icons back, plus Mike has to draw a
new one for damages.

If Mike wins, he gets unrestricted access to all PSF icons and the PSF
is restricted from innovating new icons unless they allow users the
chance to create their own.  Icon "bundling" will be explicitly
disallowed.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)