Python 2.2 build problems on AIX

Sac sac at noreply.com
Wed Jul 9 12:07:00 EDT 2003

edadk wrote:

> Hi
>
> I building Python on AIX using
>
> make
>
> However, I get some errors when building
>
> readline
> gdbm
>
> and
>
> -ltermcap
>
> is missing. See below. Can those problems be fixed?
>
> Erling
>
> building 'readline' extension
> cc_r -DNDEBUG -O -I.
> -I/mnt/mds/metawrk/edanders/Python-2.2.3/./Include
> -I/usr/local/include -I/mnt/mds/metawrk/edanders/Pytho
> 2.2.3/Include -I/mnt/mds/metawrk/edanders/Python-2.2.3 -c
> /mnt/mds/metawrk/edanders/Python-2.2.3/Modules/readline.c -o build/t

...(Lines Deleted)

Greetings,

You may wish to grab some of these tools and utilities from IBM. Many
Open Source packages are available. Project heading is Linux Toolbox
for AIX.

Source and binaries are available from the following IBM website:
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/aix/freeSoftware/aixtoolbox

Installation instructions are available from
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/aix/freeSoftware/aixtoolbox/README.txt

Cheers...