PyQT, Sharp Zaurus and color in the QTextBrowser

Tim Gerla tgerla at
Tue Jul 15 00:09:38 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 14:30, Peter Hansen wrote:
> Tim Gerla wrote:
> >
> > Very fun stuff. Someday I hope to have a Zaurus or similar device to
> > toy with. Anyway, to actually be on topic, "proper" HTML (XHTML 1.0,
> > and maybe HTML 4.0? I don't recall...) requires double-quotes to be
> > used. Single quotes are illegal.
> Are you certain about that?  It seems very unlikely that it would
> outlaw use of single quotes when it is supposed to be XML-compatible,
> and XML explicitly allows either single or double quotes around attributes.

You're right--I was under the wrong impression about single & double quotes.
For some reason I recall reading somewhere (can't trust everything you read online)
that XML only allowed double quotes, and I never bothered to verify it.

Anyway, does that mean that the Qt parser has a bug?