XML parser and py2exe

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Wed Jul 23 13:45:07 EDT 2003

pythonguy at Hotpop.com (Anand Pillai) writes:

> I am using the expat parser in the 'xml.parsers.expat' module in
> my code. The code works well as source, but the py2exe executable created
> using it does not. I get the following traceback.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 146, in ?
>   File "imputil.pyo", line 103, in _import_hook
>   File "<string>", line 52, in _import_top_module
>   File "imputil.pyo", line 216, in import_top
>   File "imputil.pyo", line 271, in _import_one
>   File "<string>", line 128, in _process_result
>   File "HarvestManConfig.pyo", line 110, in ?
>   File "imputil.pyo", line 103, in _import_hook
>   File "<string>", line 52, in _import_top_module
>   File "imputil.pyo", line 216, in import_top
>   File "imputil.pyo", line 271, in _import_one
>   File "<string>", line 128, in _process_result
>   File "HarvestManXMLParser.pyo", line 12, in ?
>   File "imputil.pyo", line 132, in _import_hook
>   File "<string>", line 70, in _finish_import
>   File "imputil.pyo", line 318, in _load_tail
> ImportError: No module named _xmlplus.parsers

The released version of py2exe isn't able to handle PyXML correctly.
Although the current CVS version can do it. If you can build it
yourself, you should try it.

I'm hesitating to make a new release at the moment because I hope to
solve the Python 2.3 problems, and also I have got a patch from Mark
Hammond for inproc com servers, which I would like to integrate.

Thomas