anything like C++ references?

Aahz aahz at
Sun Jul 13 16:37:01 CEST 2003

In article <iqm2hvs77lhe1m71v9b579070khbf0uv0a at>,
Stephen Horne  <intentionally at> wrote:
>One of the few things I hate about Python is that mutable objects are
>implicitly shared using a reference system whereas immutable objects
>are not.

Well, that's incorrect.  *ALL* Python objects are implicitly shared with
bindings.  The difference is whether updating the value referenced by a
target requires *re*binding the target or simply updating an object.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

"Not everything in life has a clue in front of it...."  --JMS