Ver 2.3 install over 2.2?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jul 30 15:35:02 EDT 2003

    Bob> Is it OK to install 2.3 in my python22 folder, thus preserving all
    Bob> the libs and packages already installed, or do I have to reinstall
    Bob> all of them, or what?

I wouldn't do that.  Some files may have disappeared between 2.2 and 2.3, in
which case they would still be left in the python22 tree waiting to pounce
upon some unsuspecting program.  You're really going to be better off
installing 2.3 alongside 2.2 then reinstalling packages with the new
version.  Once you're satisfied that 2.3 is working for you, go ahead and
uninstall 2.2.

Skip