Testers wanted - new Python DHTML framework
postmaster at 127.0.0.1
Wed Jul 16 12:06:37 CEST 2003
I'm looking for adventurous pre-alpha testers for a DHTML (active website)
framework for Python I've developed.
- easy to learn and use
- compatible with Python 1.5.2 and later (thus able to run on budget
web hosts which insist on staying with old Pythons)
- runs purely as CGI (or fastCGI)
- lets you build your pages with a simple, intuitive and coherent
document object model (DOM)
- extremely extensible, lends itself well to templating
- not a 'code within the html text' type of DHTML framework (like Spyce).
This one puts the emphasis on generating the HTML with python statements
- automatic retrieval and dispatch of browser cookies
- oersistent datastore that is stored on browser as compressed cookes.
secured via hmac/sha1, can store 10-25k of data on browser. Accessed in
python code by simply reading and setting attributes of an object
Info, examples, doco, download:
All feedback gratefully received.
More information about the Python-list