"Pure Python" MySQL module like Net::MySQL

Ravi rxs141 at cwru.edu
Sun Jul 20 02:43:56 EDT 2003

Hi,

I did some googling, and found that there doesn't seem to be a pure
python MySQL communication module. There is one for perl however,
Net::MySQL. I was wondering if there was a specific reason why something
similar hasn't been implemented in Python, a limitation of the language
or libraries perhaps? I briefly scanned through the perl source for
Net::MySQL, and there doesn't seem to be anything that couldn't be done
in Python, but I'm a fresh convert from perl land and I don't much
beyond the basics of Python yet.

Thanks,
Ravi