Python - if/else statements

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Sat Jul 12 07:06:33 EDT 2003

Is there anything consistent about either the version of
Python these people are using, or the version of KDE?
The reason I ask is that there are a lot of different
versions out there, and while the Python maintainers
are very good, some of them have subtle bugs. Likewise
for KDE, and for various distributions.

I also second Bengt's comment about tabs. Outlook
Express, for one, eliminates them so your code example
is simply unreadable. The python standard coding style
is to use 4 spaces for each level of indentation. Python
aware editors supply them automatically when you hit
the tab key.

John Roth

news:pan.2003.07.11.19.34.16.330762 at yahoo.com...