Collective memory

Nico de Jong nico at DUMPTHISfarumdata.dk
Tue Jul 29 03:16:48 EDT 2003

> Among the latter were two posters printed on [now I have forgotten the
> English word for this type of paper, but it has tractor holes along
> both sides, and is flimsy, and has horizontal perforations every now
> and then] paper, with a silk-screeened slogan advocating recycling on
> the supposedly blank side.

You are thinking of fanfold and/or leporello.
Leporello comes probably from the operette figure, who in a scene reads a
list of his masters "conquests", and as there are about 1000 names, he had
to fold it in some way.
Nice touch of folklore, I think

Nico