while (assignment):

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.imagination.com
Wed Jul 30 02:41:19 EDT 2003

Peter Abel enlightened us with:
> The following should work:
>
> info = mydbcursor.fetchone()
> while info:
>   print "Information: "+str(info)
>   info = mydbcursor.fetchone()

I don't really like the double info assignment, but I've thought it
over a bit, and I like this better than the

while True
	info = mydbcursor.fetchone()
	if not info:
		break

construction. In the upper solution the "while info" makes the loop
condition very clear. The lower solution is less clear in that, but
doesn't have the double assignment.

Sybren