Papers on Python

Bryan belred1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 09:44:42 EDT 2003

"Anton Vredegoor" <anton at vredegoor.doge.nl> wrote in message
news:bg5htl$b2h$1 at news.hccnet.nl...
> rick_hunter357 at hotmail.com (Rick) wrote:
>
> >PS. Before someone starts on how college kids are using the internet
> >(or the help available on the 'net) to do the work for them, No I am
> >not cheating. The actual assignment is to select 9 papers that you
> >find interesting and write a report on each of them. I already have my
> >9 papers selected. Now I want to know if I would like to replace some
> >from my collection.
>
> Why not take 9 threads in this newsgroup or the Python developers
> mailing list and write a report on that? Of course you'd have to
> convince your teacher somehow that this is the way things work
> nowadays and that the days where a single author wrote a monolithic
> paper are gone.
>
> Knowledge production and decision making are much more interactive and
> hands-on than before, and discussions involve a lot more people of
> varying degrees of expertise and having a more diverse background.
>
> If it makes any difference: I would love to see some threads reviewed,
> especially threads that have had some time to cool down and that can
> be viewed from some distance now. Post the result of your assignment
> here, you'll get free error checking this way and at the same time you
> prove that the system works by interacting with it. Isn't it Pythonic
> :-)
>
> Anton.

anton, excellant idea.  here are the most recent 3 threads that contain over
100 postings... must be good "report material" in these...

201 postings
anything like C++ references

130 postings
does lack of type declarations make Python unsafe?    - has

130 postings
opening a text document to show a .txt file through a browser link

bryan