Python Gurus; "Legend in their own Lunchtime"?

gmduncan gmduncan at netspace.net.au
Mon Jul 7 03:56:50 EDT 2003

UK "Private Eye" readers will wink at this.

I've been  flicking thru Alex Martelli's "Python In a Nutshell"
and have been  impressed by the authoritive tone , and scope of
its contents.

An impressive production from a technical point of view, even tho
I doubt that anyone could have created it all without help.

But am I the only one to feel discomforted by the many Olympian
(questionable) judgements he scatters through the code, about
every aspect of software development ? A better editor needed ...

I also wonder why he never saw fit to mention under "Books and
Magazines", Graysons book "Python and TKinter Programming".

Martelli needs to say why. Alex - are you there ?

- Gary (irritated)