Co-routines

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Jul 17 09:23:22 EDT 2003

thewrights at ozemail.com.au wrote:

> I have an application in which I want the users to be able to create python
> functions:
>
> def f1():
>     print "1-1"
>     print "1-2"
>     print "1-3"
>
> def f2():
>     print "2-1"
>     print "2-2"
>     print "3-3"
>
> and when my application runs, I want to execute these functions in
> "lock-step", so that the output looks like:
>
>     1-1
>     2-2
>     1-2
>     2-2
>     1-3
>     2-3

I think the problem is underspecified.  What do you mean by the quoted
phrase "lock-step"?  Your example includes only simple print statements,
which generate output to sys.stdout.  What are you really trying to
accomplish?  Do you want individual bytecodes to be executed one at a
time from a series of functions?  Do you want any output to be interlaced
on a line-by-line basis?  Any call to any I/O routine?  Need more detail.

-Peter