does lack of type declarations make Python unsafe?

Aahz aahz at
Thu Jul 10 19:24:57 CEST 2003

In article <uznjprpsc.fsf at>,
David Abrahams  <dave at> wrote:
>anton at (Anton Vredegoor) writes:
>> Confronting the Martellibot is like flirting with an encyclopedia, I'd
>> rather not do it myself, but I respect those who do, because it
>> produces knowledge.
>Yeah, and fun!  I'm a little disappointed that Alex disappeared from
>this discussion because I thought it was going somewhere interesting
>and was looking forward to some more cogent arguments.  Any chance of
>re-opening it, Alex?  I'm referring, in particular, to

Alex has been busy with OSCON and other things; I don't expect him to
make many contributions until he's back in Italy and caught up.  If you
want further discussion, I'd suggest reposting this when he starts
posting here again.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

"Not everything in life has a clue in front of it...."  --JMS