A challenge to the ASCII proponents.

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 19 16:59:16 CEST 2003

Martin v. Loewis

Florian Schulze wrote:

> And [it displays properly on] Opera (7.11).
> I would also like to know what's the trick.

The final point I'd like to make [explicit] is: nobody had to ask me
how or why my xml snippet worked: there were no tricks. Nobody asked
for debugging information, or for reasons why they couldn't see it:
everyone saw/heard/felt it. Thus saving me a large amount of
(time|effort|embarassment)+, helping people perceive what I was
saying,
or apologising to those that it slipped past.

One person, Bengt, said that he couldn't see it, but posted another
piece of very similar markup, i.e. (ht|x)ml, that worked for him and
everybody else.

simple-and-universally-interchangable-encodings-and-structures-are-a-honking-great-idea:-let's-do-more-of-those-ly
y'rs.

--
alan kennedy