The ASPN compiler

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Sat Jul 12 11:25:50 EDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:21:33 +0200, Gerhard Häring <gh at ghaering.de>
wrote:

>Fuzzyman wrote:
>> What's the score on this (the ASPN python compiler)
>
>There was a proof-of-concept implementation of a Python compiler for the
>.NET platform done by ActiveState and sponsored by Microsoft.
>
>> - is it a true
>> compiler for python ?
>
>Read the whitepaper, available on the ActiveState site.

Done that - its not entirely clear - any chance you could answer the
question......

>> - what does it output - binary or C++ for .NET
>> framework............
>
>Read the whitepaper, available on the ActiveState site.

Done that - its not entirely clear - any chance you could answer the
question......

>> if the latter then it could be very cool as it
>> may work with the PocketPC 2003 SDK.... for producing binaries for
>> PDAs from python... cool...
>
>Forget it. Instead what you probably want is a Python implementation for
>Windows CE 3.0. There is one.

Not for the SH3 processor... doesn't produce binaries.

>> (I'm sure my terminology is way out of line here... sorry)
>>
>> Does it work yet ?
>
>Read the whitepaper, available on the ActiveState site.
>
>RTFM. STFW. etc. :-P
>
>-- Gerhard

ATFQ

:-)

Fuzzyman

---
Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow talent to the dark place where it leads. -Erica Jong
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy. -Milan Kundera

http://www.voidspace.org.uk
Where Headspace Meets Cyberspace
Cyberpunk and Science Resource Site
Exploring the worlds of Psychology, Spirituality, Science and Computing
--
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk