Any pure-python relational databases?

Gerhard Häring gh at
Sun Jul 13 04:06:17 CEST 2003

Thomas Weholt wrote:
> "Wayne Pierce" <wayne at> wrote: [...]
>>>2) Any kind of relational DBMS written in pure python that'll run on
>>While not relational, have you looked at Metakit?
> Relational *and* simple install with good Python module; SQLite =>

First, PySQLite is not pure Python, it needs to be compiled against the
SQLite engine.

Second, PySQLite currently requires Python >= 2.1 and will require
Python >= 2.2 in the 0.5 branch which I'll start eventually.

I'd be willing to make a backport to 1.5.2 if somebody pays me. But
something as little fun as this I won't do for free :-P

-- Gerhard