path module

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Jul 25 22:03:40 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 14:56, holger krekel wrote:
> > The multiple walk methods would only be a shortcut anyway.  Again, they
> > might be difficult in a situation like a URL where directory and file
> > are intermingled (and maybe ReiserFS 4...?) -- which maybe is okay, a
> > urlpath object simply wouldn't implement that walker.
>
> Yep, URL pathes have no notion of directories and files.  Thus a general
> URL path can't have a 'listdir' method and thus we can't recurse.
> You can easily special case it for Apache's "Indexes" view, though :-)

WebDAV does, though, doesn't it?  But you can still edit the directory
resource, so it gets overloaded.  WebDAV's use of GET is messed up.

And we should specify HTTP, of course, since FTP does have a notion of
directories, and possibly other URL methods would as well.

But this is a digression...

  Ian