Any pure-python relational databases?

David McNab postmaster at 127.0.0.1
Sat Jul 12 10:11:19 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've been looking for some way to operat a relational database on a 3rd
party web server.

The server runs Python 1.5.2, and does not have the MySQL-python module,
(nor does it have libmysqlclient), which means I can't just talk to MySQL.

The web host is my client's choice, not mine, and there's very little
prospect of getting them to upgrade their python or install mysql-python.

Is there:

1) Any pure-python interface to MySQL? or

2) Any kind of relational DBMS written in pure python that'll run on
1.5.2?

All help appreciated.

Cheers
David