howto redirect stdout/stderr into a wxPython textctrl?

newgene newgene at
Mon Jul 28 18:53:26 CEST 2003

Hi, group,
    I guess it is a simple question for you, but it puzzles me for a
    I use a wxTextCtrl in my application for output result and any
exception msg. I know I can add new msg onto wxTextCtrl by WriteText()
method. But I have a function imported from another module and in this
function all results are output by "print". I am wondering if I can
redirect stdout and stderr into the wxTextCtrl object, so that all
output from that function will be shown up on wxTextCtrl box and I
don't need modify the current code for that function.

Thank you.