anything like C++ references?

Stephen Horne intentionally at blank.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 01:31:08 EDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:02:20 -0700, Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com>
wrote:

>Stephen Horne wrote:
>
>> True enough. The issue of how assignment is represented is trivial and
>> unimportant in the scheme of things.
>
>Then I retract (or at least soften) my earlier comment; I thought you
>were suggesting that it was a significant issue.

No need - any confusion is my fault. When I first made the point, I
should have made it clear that I was being overpedantic and not really
serious.

Looking back, the point I made about '+' in particular should not have
been made - at least not without a healthy dose of smileys or
something.

Sorry. I hope no offense was caused.