Python on a USB storage device?

yaipa h. yaipa at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 18:09:23 EDT 2003

Kevin,

If you don't mind kick starting your app by hand then everything
should work just fine.  They are after all just disk drives that
use USB as the hardware layer rather than the devices's native ATA,
ATAPI, or SCSI physical layer.

Now if you want to start your app using AUTORUN or AUTOPLAY, good luck.
AUTORUN has been squeezed out of XP because of it's rather
large security hole. With AUTOPLAY, you can simulate AUTORUN behavior,
but true to MSoft it's rather convoluted.

IOMEGA has nice utility that automates AUTOPLAY a bit. Once you understand
what their app does you will understand what you are up against.

   http://www.iomega-activedisk.com/landing.jsp

Cheers,

   --Alan