docs html-2.3.0.tar.bz2 - is there anything yet?

Michael Hudson mwh at
Wed Jul 16 17:26:41 CEST 2003

Helmut Jarausch <jarausch at> writes:

> Hi,
> I am running Python's CVS version and I would like to install
> the 2.3 version of the html documentation (as requested by Idle, e.g.)
> Is there already such a file or can it be built from XML? sources
> contained in the distribution? At least, I haven't found a configure
> option.

Hmm.  You can browse it online at

but there don't seem to be tarballs of very recent docs.  You can get
the 2.3b2 docs from

or you can wait a few days for the 2.3c1 docs (I think).

As you seem to be on Linux, it's not hard to build the docs from the
(LaTeX) source: try cd-ing into Doc/ and typing make.  Installing all
the needed tools can be a bit annoying, but recently I've found
everything comes with the base install of (eg.) RedHat systems.

  Screaming 14-year-old boys attempting to prove to each other that
  they are more 3133t than j00.
         -- Reason #8 for quitting slashdot today, from