anything like C++ references?

Aahz aahz at
Mon Jul 14 03:36:57 CEST 2003

In article <mpn3hvkbd9sesm30devamii1vmdnq90lg8 at>,
Stephen Horne  <intentionally at> wrote:
>In Python, Guido describes his rationale for the existence of both
>mutable lists and immutable tuples here...

I'll note that Guido himself has also admitted that his ability to
explain his design decisions is far worse than his ability to select a
correct decision.  These days, the rationale for tuples is that they're
a hyper-lightweight collection of heterogeneous values.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

"Not everything in life has a clue in front of it...."  --JMS