absolute beginners question about API documentation

Cousin Stanley CousinStanley at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 6 16:43:28 EDT 2003

| Hi all,
| I' new to python programming but a longtime java programmer.
| Is there an API documentation like the javadoc API from java?

Markus ...

    I find the pydoc module handy for helping
    to find Python information ...

    The following command line starts pydoc
    with a small GUI as a Python documentation server
    with search and browse options ...

        python YourPythonPath/Lib/pydoc.py -g

    The browse option is useful because it also lists
    docs for any installed site-packages ...

--
Cousin Stanley
Human Being