Problem with MySQLdb on Mac OS X...

Michael S. Jessop candiazoo at mac.com
Fri Jul 11 23:17:52 EDT 2003

I made modifications to setup.py to set safe threading to NO and also
to point to the "real" location of the mysql libraries and stuff like
that.  To test it I wrote a simple script that just tries to connect to
the database.  It fails.  It also fails interactively.  Here is what I
am getting...

[h000a9578d1ca:~] mike% /usr/local/bin/python2.3 foo.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "foo.py", line 7, in ?
    cnn = MySQLdb.connect(db=DB, user=USER, passwd=PASSWD)
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-pa
ckages/MySQLdb/__init__.py", line 63, in Connect
    return apply(Connection, args, kwargs)
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-pa
ckages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 116, in __init__
    self.converter[types.StringType] = self.string_literal
TypeError: object does not support item assignment
Segmentation fault

The download, build and install went fine.  This same code works (well,
different database name, user and password) on a different machine.
The database, username and password are all correct.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mike