Seeing next character in an file

Richie Hindle richie at
Wed Jul 30 11:01:53 CEST 2003

> BTW, is there an ANSI C spec available free on line
> (or an older, close-enough draft)?

Not a complete one that I'm aware of, no, although some pieces exist at
and around

I eventually found the seek/tell rule in a book errata at then confirmed the standard
and section numbers with the "Normative Changes to ISO/IEC 9899:1990"
document at

I can't remember exactly what I googled for to find those documents (and
the query has already fallen off the end of my Google Toolbar's search
history - I think I use Google too much!  8-)

Richie Hindle
richie at