Frustration with spurious posts.

JanC usenet_spam at janc.invalid
Sat Jul 5 22:38:19 EDT 2003

Alan Kennedy <alanmk at hotmail.com> schreef:

> Bringing an end to the problem would probably involve a fairly
> substantial admin effort on the part of the python.org admins.

No, it's the admins that run an antivirus on their mail server or the users
that use broken anti-virus/anti-spam tools that should fix their system.
It's plain stupid and irresponsible to bounce or send a mail back to a
*forged* and often randomly shuffled "From:" address, doubling or tripling
the mail traffic generated by the virus itself.  :-(

(I have even seen one system "bouncing" virus mails with the attachment
included, sending the virus to an innocent user...)

--
JanC