anything new on the ternary operator?

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 14:10:49 EDT 2003

In article <mailman.1057676413.31729.python-list at python.org>, Skip
Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes

>    >> [The consensus in EP was that Israel was in Europe]
>
>    Alia> Sorry, I am confused: isn't Israel in the Middle East?
>
>Sure, but what continent is the the Middle East in, Europe, Asia or Africa?
>I had to make the same decision in Musi-Cal.  I decided that Israel was part
>of Europe.  The decision wasn't entirely arbitrary.  Most concert dates we
>list for Asia are in Japan, Korea or Hong Kong.  There are almost never any
>African concert dates listed.  Israel was close enough to Europe that it
>made sense to group it there.
>
>Skip

the Middle East is certainly not in Europe at least according to
classical authors, historians & geographers. Asia begins across the
Hellespont so asiatic Turkey, Iraq, Syria, Palestine are not in Europe
and neither is the Israeli territory. I suspect Israelis would prefer to
be in America so that they wouldn't have to take part in the Eurovision
song contest.
--
Robin Becker