The ASPN compiler

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Fri Jul 11 20:21:33 EDT 2003

Fuzzyman wrote:
> What's the score on this (the ASPN python compiler)

There was a proof-of-concept implementation of a Python compiler for the
.NET platform done by ActiveState and sponsored by Microsoft.

> - is it a true
> compiler for python ?

Read the whitepaper, available on the ActiveState site.

> - what does it output - binary or C++ for .NET
> framework............

Read the whitepaper, available on the ActiveState site.

> if the latter then it could be very cool as it
> may work with the PocketPC 2003 SDK.... for producing binaries for
> PDAs from python... cool...

Forget it. Instead what you probably want is a Python implementation for
Windows CE 3.0. There is one.

> (I'm sure my terminology is way out of line here... sorry)
>
> Does it work yet ?

Read the whitepaper, available on the ActiveState site.

RTFM. STFW. etc. :-P

-- Gerhard