Is there a standard module library function to access /etc/passwd or /etc/group

Steven Taschuk staschuk at
Thu Jul 31 13:19:46 CEST 2003

Quoth Andrew Dalke:
> When you're stuck because you don't know which module something
> might be in (eg, I was just looking for XMLRPC server code in
> xmlrpclib - wrong place!), try the full index at

And don't forget the full-text searching capabilities at

Steven Taschuk             "The world will end if you get this wrong."
staschuk at     -- "Typesetting Mathematics -- User's Guide",
                                 Brian Kernighan and Lorrinda Cherry