Problem building extension sample with Python 2.2.3

Bren iambrenNOSPAM at
Tue Jul 22 23:51:02 CEST 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:53:53 GMT, Michael Hudson <mwh at>

>iambren at (Bren) writes:
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to build the sample extension file from
>> I get a linker error:
>> Linking...
>> spam.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>> __imp__Py_InitModule4TraceRefs
>> Also, I find it necessary to ignore python22_d.lib and link
>> python22.lib explicitly when I make a Debug build.
>There's your problem, I think.  You seem to be trying to build a debug
>version of your module against a release version of Python.  This
>won't work.

Thanks, that worked!

Now, I am working on embedding python in a C/C++ app, so I would like
very much to be able to debug the code in C/C++ functions when they
are called by Python.  Is it possible I could get a debug version of
this lib/dll somewhere to let me do this?  Is there a python22_d.lib?