Business model for Open Source - advice wanted

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Thu Jul 10 17:42:21 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 00:13, Frank Millman wrote:
> I am busy developing an accounting package, using Python and wxPython,
> together with PostgreSQL on a Unix platform or SQL Server on a Windows
> platform.

Excellent choice of tools - identical to those used by the GnuMed
project (except for MS SQL Server - but note that PostgreSQL 7.4,
expected to be production quality soon, will run natively under
Windows). The common infrastructure raises the possibility of
integrating your package with GnuMed at some time in the future - at the
very least, GPs (family physicians) and others who adopt GnuMed will be
able to install your package without any extra work at all - and every
doctor needs an accounting package...

--

Tim C

PGP/GnuPG Key 1024D/EAF993D0 available from keyservers everywhere
or at http://members.optushome.com.au/tchur/pubkey.asc
Key fingerprint = 8C22 BF76 33BA B3B5 1D5B  EB37 7891 46A9 EAF9 93D0