AIFC (Python and audio files.)

Kelvin Chu kchu at
Mon Jul 14 03:34:23 CEST 2003

Hello, Python Wizards...

I'm trying to use Python to write an aiff file.  I've used the aifc module
and I've set the parameters (# of channels, encoding rate, compression,

What does raw audio data look like?  Is each word of the raw audio data a
frequency?  If I encode 440 for each of the frames, will I get concert A?

Thanks for any advice you can give on this subject.

Kelvin Chu
Department of Physics, Cook Building, 82 University Place
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405-0125