QUESTION

sismex01 at hebmex.com sismex01 at hebmex.com
Wed Jul 9 10:19:33 EDT 2003

> From: Matt5883 at aol.com [mailto:Matt5883 at aol.com]
> Sent: Miércoles, 09 de Julio de 2003 09:10 a.m.
>
> What is python 2.1.1?

It's a programming language.

> How did it get on my computer?

Why do you think we have that information?

> Is it a necessary program?

Necessary for what?
Programming in Python? Definitely.

> Can I safely delete it/remove it?  If so how?

Just like any other windows program, via the control panel.

> I do not recall downloading it.  Does it come bundled with some
> other program? Maybe one of my kids did it.

May be; you *could* ask him/her/them.

> I do not see enough information on your site to make these
> determinations.

Just keep digging.

> I have a Compaq 5184 with OEM Win 98 installed...

You could try and upgrade to this "Linucks" thing...

> I do not ever recall seeing "python" in the programs.

Compaq didn't bundle Python with it's computers, if
that's what you're asking.

> I have been having alot of problems with my computer
> lately and I am removing unecessary "junk".

Then, by all means, enter the control panel,
select "Add or Remove Programs", look for Python's
entry and double-click on it to remove it.

Another course of action is asking your kids about it;
you know, if you suspect they might have installed it,
it's normal practice to ask the probable culprits.

If you're not a programmer and have no intention of
ever becoming one, you probably won't be much interested
in Python.

> Thanks,
> Matt

You're welcome.

-gustavo
Advertencia:La informacion contenida en este mensaje es confidencial y
restringida, por lo tanto esta destinada unicamente para el uso de la
persona arriba indicada, se le notifica que esta prohibida la difusion de
este mensaje. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, o si hay problemas en
la transmision, favor de comunicarse con el remitente. Gracias.