SNMP support for Python under Windows

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Jul 9 14:59:07 EDT 2003

WIWA wrote:

> I'm looking for SNMP support in Python. I have found pySNMP, but I'm
> not sure whether this works under Windows as well.

Yes, it does.

> A few questions:
>
> 1) Where do I need to install the pySNMP files?

Doesn't it install with distutils?  If so "python setup.py --install"
or whatever it says in the README would work.   Sorry, I haven't
installed it lately.

If it doesn't have instructions, put the files under the
c:/python/lib/site-packages directory.

> 2) What do I have to do in order to be able to write somethin like:
>    "from pysnmp import session"

Install, then type "from pysnmp import session"....   ;-)

> Thakns in advance for all input

(If you're having troubles, please note versions and platform
next time, for Python, PySNMP, and Windows.)

-Peter