[ot continued..] Re: A story about Python... sort of

Max Khesin max at cNOvSisiPonAtecMh.com
Thu Jul 3 21:11:16 CEST 2003

> [OT] That's not a pro, that's a con on the C++ side. And actually that's
the
> reason why there's so much bad C++ software. A C programmer first has to
> forget C to be able to program in C++ - well, to be able to program OO in
> C++.

Well, it is documented as one of the original design goals of the language,
if I remember correctly. It is certainly implicitly a goal considering the
sacrifices made to preserve C as a subset.
I think it was important in getting a lot of people on board with c++, but
it certainly there are many problems with it, including the one you
mentioned. Of course the problems would not exist if C++ was never accepted.
It is similar to saying 'how dare my parents embarass me by having sex'.
Take it up with Bjarne :)

max.

> Best regards
> Franz GEIGER