anything like C++ references?

Aahz aahz at
Wed Jul 16 22:54:19 CEST 2003

In article <32cbhvkife283kggrn8btlql91eaitmka2 at>,
Stephen Horne  <intentionally at> wrote:
>On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:29:29 -0700, Erik Max Francis <max at>
>>Python does _not_ have copy semantics, it has binding semantics.
>As you know, that's precisely what I see as a wart.

Were you to stick with language that clearly agreed with that assertion,
I'd spend a lot less time arguing with you.  But you've been writing as
if Python's binding semantics are a major design flaw, when in fact
they're part of the core language philosophy.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

A: No.
Q: Is top-posting okay?