python 2.3b[12]

Dave Reed dreed at
Thu Jul 3 00:34:35 CEST 2003

I originally tried compiling python 2.3b1 on a Solaris 9 system with
--enable-shared and ran into some problems that someone helped me
resolve and said fixes were in CVS. I thien tried python 2.3b2 and it
compiled fine so the fixes made it in; however, it reports:

Python 2.3b1 (#1, Jun 14 2003, 15:08:24)
[GCC 3.2.3] on sunos5

I thought maybe this was just someone forgetting to update the startup
message for the new beta, but I've seen other messages that show
Python 2.3b2.

Any ideas on what happened?