python 2.3b[12]

Dave Reed dreed at capital.edu
Wed Jul 2 18:34:35 EDT 2003

I originally tried compiling python 2.3b1 on a Solaris 9 system with
--enable-shared and ran into some problems that someone helped me
resolve and said fixes were in CVS. I thien tried python 2.3b2 and it
compiled fine so the fixes made it in; however, it reports:

./python
Python 2.3b1 (#1, Jun 14 2003, 15:08:24)
[GCC 3.2.3] on sunos5

I thought maybe this was just someone forgetting to update the startup
message for the new beta, but I've seen other messages that show
Python 2.3b2.

Any ideas on what happened?

Dave