A challenge to the ASCII proponents.

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Jul 17 19:14:30 EDT 2003

Irmen de Jong wrote:

> Exactly, it renders perfectly okay for me (mozilla 1.4).
> I wonder one thing: how did you type it in?

The Greek one, I copied from the XML file that Alan sent:
I did as he said. Save file to disk, open it in the browser.
I then copied the characters from one browser window to another.

For the umlauts, I just pressed the relevant characters on
my German keyboard.

For the Arabic, I copied some string from a web page
(the demo page of worldnames.net). Notice that this is
right-to-left, so don't be surprised if your cursor is
on the left end of the text at the end of pasting. Just
pressing the closing parenthesis will switch back to
left-to-right mode.

Regards,
Martin