python in parallel for pattern discovery in genome data

sismex01 at hebmex.com sismex01 at hebmex.com
Wed Jul 30 10:19:08 EDT 2003

Well, when designing and writing your code, take into account that
Python has a single central interpreter lock, so if you use
multiple threads, only one will be running in any given instant,
even if you have four processors.

What you'd need to do is write your utilities in two parts, one that
does "all the work", and another one a front end.  The front end
dispatches jobs to the backends, keeping a pool of back end
active backend processes, and since each backend is an independant
process, you can use as many processors as you have.

Good luck, hope this helps.

-gustavo

Advertencia:La informacion contenida en este mensaje es confidencial y
restringida, por lo tanto esta destinada unicamente para el uso de la
persona arriba indicada, se le notifica que esta prohibida la difusion de
este mensaje. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, o si hay problemas en
la transmision, favor de comunicarse con el remitente. Gracias.