some questions

Batista, Facundo FBatista at uniFON.com.ar
Mon Jul 14 14:54:54 EDT 2003

The method string.split() returns a list:

>>> s = "This is an example"
>>> s.split()
['This', 'is', 'an', 'example']
>>> s
'This is an example'

Be warned that split *returns* a string, does *not* modifies the string
itself (as you can see above, s is still the original s).

As a tutorial, I love "Dive into Python".

.	Facundo